- February 12, 2021 /
- Posted by zapcorp
Innovation has been part of the building construction industry, as in any other. With advances in techniques, increased expertise, we see the usage of new materials for construction, as well as a reduction in the cost of certain types of protective and decorative construction methods. Of these, external wall cladding has taken on prominence.
Foremost, building cladding is a construction technique that involves joining components together to create a distinctive layer over the building’s external surfaces. External wall cladding has become a preferred choice for homeowners and real estate developers in Melbourne.
There are many functional and aesthetical benefits of incorporating building cladding. The many types of cladding allow you to pick one that works with your budget and design sensibilities.
Benefits of different types of external wall cladding in Melbourne:1. Protection
One of the significant advantages of building cladding is to add a layer of sturdy protection for your building. External wall cladding has been proved to provide extensive mechanical strength to your building structure by protecting it from external weathering elements like UV rays, wind, and rain.
Certain types of cladding protect the building surfaces from cracking and also offer thermal and sound insulation. Cladding provides long term maximum protection.2. Gives You a Low Maintenance Option
Apart from protection, building cladding requires very low maintenance concerning its cleaning and repairs works. Regardless of the various cladding types, homeowners will enjoy low maintenance work by choosing to add it as a layer.3. Enhances the Aesthetic Appeal of Your Building
External building wall cladding is a preferred choice for its unique look and appeal. It transforms the building structure to look sophisticated, elegant, rustic or contemporary depending on cladding materials as well as adding value to your property.
By understanding the different types of cladding available, their finishes, functionality, and cost, you’ll be in a better position to pick the external wall cladding that will work for your property.
Different types of cladding and their properties
The most common types of cladding are:
- Stone Cladding: uses natural stones – slate, marble, and sandstone and gives a natural elegance. They are mostly used for external wall cladding due to its non-porous properties, that don’t lose lustre for years to come.
- Brick Cladding: Along with the colourful, elegant look, bricks offer sturdiness and safety for years. They don’t crack due to temperature changes and are low maintenance choices.
- UPVC Cladding: is simply Unplasticized Poly Vinyl Compound. It is a maintenance-free, corrosion and weather-resistant material, that offers simple thermal insulation, keeps you cool in summer and warm in winters. We install only Fire-proof uPVC cladding to ensure maximum safety.
- Timber Cladding: is a preferred choice of building external wall cladding, as it offers a naturally sophisticated look that is also warm and comforting. You can get a range of looks with various styles, textures, and colours to make your home look unique.
- Metal Cladding: Cladding made with steel or aluminum. It is an excellent choice for building cladding under a tight budget. Many property owners prefer it over weatherboarding or uPVC cladding. It offers extensive protection and is fire-resistant.
Other popular types of cladding include concrete cladding, weatherboard cladding and glass cladding.
Professional external wall Cladding Services in Melbourne
Zapcorp is a Melbourne based cladding firm with over 40 years’ experience in the industry. We offer professional and expert building cladding services to all domestic, commercial, and industrial clients in Melbourne. Our approach to any of our services offers you the best quality products and services that last for years at competitive prices. We put in all the efforts to ensure that each cladding in the Melbourne venture is done on scheduled time while guaranteeing top-notch work with the completed project and stay true to the budget.
We give a detailed cost assessment that doesn’t sway far from the actual cost of completion. Talk to us today about your cladding requirements in Melbourne; we’ll be glad to offer our expertise with a FREE consultation and estimates.